When you’re new to drawing, you will want to draw people. People are fun to draw. They are the most difficult to draw though. You have to practice drawing anatomy for you to be good.
If you’re like me then you’ll want to learn to draw people from your imagination. When you practice drawing the human anatomy, you will start to not need any references to draw people. You will be able to draw the anatomy from your imagination.
Top 5 Dos and Don’ts When You Practice Drawing the Anatomy
Facts and Stats to Tweet
- When drawing the human anatomy, the size of the “head” is considered one unit of measurement. >> tweet this <<
- According to Andrew Loomis, the body is 8 heads tall. >> tweet this <<
- Drawing the human anatomy is the most difficult thing to draw. >> tweet this <<
- If you can draw people then you can draw anything else. >> tweet this <<
- You don’t need to learn every muscle in the body to be great at drawing the human form. >> tweet this <<
- Your muscles and muscle groups change shape depending on how then expand and contract. >> tweet this <<
- If you can draw pyramids, cones, cubes, spheres, cylinders, and saucers from any angle you can draw the human anatomy. >> tweet this <<
Drawing Anatomy FAQ
What is anatomy in drawing?
Anatomy is the shapes and forms that make up the structure of the human body. For example, the arm and legs of the body are cylinders.
How can I improve my drawing skills?
The straightforward answer is to draw more. When you draw more you “commit” the visual into memory; thus, making the drawing process way easier for you in time.
Do you need to learn anatomy to draw?
Yes. This is a fundamental skill that is needed to draw effectively. The more “realtistic” your drawings are, the more critical it is to have a strong understanding of anatomy. That being said, you don’t have to know every single muscle. Focus on the overall shapes and forms of the body.
What are the 5 basic skills of drawing?
1) Anatomy. 2) Perspective. 3) Composition. 4) Rendering. 5) Creating 3D forms on a 2D surface.