Have you ever used Sharpie markers for creating art?
It’s seriously a versatile and fun tool to make all kinds of cool stuff! You can create intricate drawings on paper or make bold designs on fabric – there’s no limit to what you can do with Sharpie markers.
And you don’t have to be an experienced artist, even if you’re just starting out, there are so many possibilities for Sharpie art. In this post, we’ll explore different Sharpie art ideas and techniques to help you get started with your own creations.
So, let’s stop talking and grab your markers! It’s time to get our creative juices flowing!
Sharpie Art on Paper
Sharpie markers are seriously sick for creating detailed and precise art on paper. Here are some cool ideas and techniques that you gotta try out:
- Pointillism: Create a larger image by using dots of different sizes and colors. Start by outlining your design and then fill it in with small dots, gradually building up the color and shading.
- Hatching: Make some shading and texture by drawing parallel lines really close together. Switch up the distance between the lines and the pressure of the marker to get different effects.
- Crosshatching: Layer hatching lines at different angles to create some depth and dimension in your artwork.
- Mandalas: These circular designs are super popular for Sharpie art. Start from the middle and work your way out, adding repetitive patterns and designs.
- Botanical drawings: Use Sharpie markers to create realistic and detailed drawings of plants and flowers. Try different colors and shading techniques to make a super vibrant and lifelike image.
No matter which style of Sharpie art you choose, take it slow and steady, building up the details gradually.
And don’t be worried about making mistakes—Sharpies are totally forgiving and you can always go over a line again if needed.
So, with some practice, you’ll be making some seriously awesome and intricate artwork on paper in no time!
Sharpie Art on Fabric
Did you know that Sharpie markers can be used to make some seriously epic designs on fabric? Check out these tips and techniques for creating Sharpie art on fabric:
- Choose the right fabric: To make sure that your design looks awesome, choose a fabric that works well with Sharpie markers. Cotton and other natural fibers usually work best.
- Pre-wash the fabric: Before you start your design, make sure to pre-wash the fabric to remove any sizing or chemicals that might affect the way the Sharpie ink sticks to the fabric.
- Use a stencil or template: If you’re not feeling too confident in your freehand drawing skills, try using a stencil or template to create your design. You can find stencils online or make your own by printing out a design and cutting it out.
- Protect your work surface: Put a piece of cardboard or a similar material inside the fabric to prevent the ink from bleeding through to the other side.
- Seal the design: To make your design last longer, use a heat-setting technique. Place a cloth over the design and iron it on high heat for several minutes. Alternatively, use a fabric sealant spray to protect the design.
There are tons of ideas for Sharpie art on fabric, like t-shirts, tote bags, and canvas shoes.
You can create a custom design for yourself or make a super thoughtful gift for someone else.
With some imagination and a few Sharpie markers, the possibilities for Sharpie art on fabric are endless!
Sharpie Art on Other Surfaces
Did you know that Sharpie markers can be used to create art on more than just paper and fabric?
That’s right, you can get creative and design on a variety of different materials. Here are some tips and ideas for creating Sharpie art on different surfaces:
- Rocks: Take smooth, flat rocks and make them unique and personalized with Sharpie markers. Try drawing mandalas, animals, or other designs.
- Wood: Unfinished wood like a picture frame or wooden box can become the canvas for your next masterpiece with Sharpie markers. You can create a rustic or whimsical look.
- Plastic: Get creative and customize a phone case or other plastic accessory with Sharpie markers. To keep your design in place, use a clear sealant.
- Glass: Draw a design on a glass jar or vase using Sharpie markers, but handle the glass with care, as the ink can smudge. Use a sealant to protect the design.
- Metal: Design a unique keychain or piece of jewelry with Sharpie markers on metal. Use a sealant to protect your design and prevent it from fading.
Don’t forget to prep the surface before you start designing.
Make sure it’s clean, dry, and free of any dirt or dust. Use a sealant to protect your design and make it permanent.
With Sharpie markers and some creativity, you can make one-of-a-kind artwork on just about any surface!
That’s it for our guide to Sharpie art ideas! Whether you’re an experienced artist or just starting out—there are endless possibilities for creating unique and eye-catching artwork with Sharpie markers.
From paper to fabric, and even rocks and wood, you can use Sharpie markers to add your own personal touch to just about anything.
So grab your markers, let your creativity run wild, and see what amazing artwork you can create! Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the process. Happy creating!
Sharpie Art Ideas FAQ
What easy things can you draw with Sharpies?
Sharpies are great for drawing simple designs such as stars, hearts, and flowers. You can also draw patterns such as stripes or polka dots, or create lettering for signs or labels. With a little creativity, even the simplest designs can be made unique and eye-catching using Sharpie markers.
How do you seal a Sharpie on canvas shoes?
To seal Sharpie on canvas shoes, you can use a fabric sealant spray (like Krylon or Scotchgard). Before applying the spray—make sure the shoes are clean and dry. Apply the sealant in a well-ventilated area and follow the instructions on the can. Allow the shoes to dry completely before wearing them.